Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Nativity of St. John the Baptist

I think this day (June 24 this year) deserves its own post, both because it rarely occurs on a Sunday, and because I have picked fabulous music for it, AND because it will *hopefully* be the first Sunday with my new choir at my new job! (If anyone comes!)
(And, the last time June 24 fell on a Sunday, I was at the CMAA Colloquium in D.C.!)

Blessed Feasts of Blessed Martyrs (tune: In Babilone)
Mass: (our parish's own setting)
Psalm 139: Click here for a preview, and scroll down to hear the sample. (I think that it is one of the most beautiful responsorial psalm settings that I have ever heard, and I'm lucky to be able to use it this year.)
R&A Alleluia
Canticle of Zachary (I'm using the one by Michael Joncas b/c it is longer and I like the tune a bit more than the "Forest Green" arr. by RVW.)
Behold the Lamb- John's words and appropriate for Communion!
For all the Saints (speaking of RVW...)

No comments: