Wednesday, March 09, 2011

summertime...

I need something to do this summer! something inspirational, that will help me to be a better church musician! Well, but for other reasons in my life I have de-motivating things going on right now.
But, honestly, I don't necessarily need to spend $500+ on a week somewhere...why can't I just get myself to practice hard-core for half that time?!
I was talking to an organist-friend a couple months ago about taking lessons from someone who specializes in french improvisation (which tends to be particularly suited to Mass,) and it seemed at the time like a great idea, but then I realized that I lack much of the basic improvisation/musical skills that would make special (and expensive) study very productive. So...why can't I just get myself motivated (and organized?) enough to practice extra?

No comments: