Friday, December 11, 2009

more on veils

I haven't thought much about this lately, but Fr. Z is blogging about it.

I do strongly dislike the lacey veils, as many have pointed out, "they really don't cover much of anything..."

Here's a look that I DO love:



(I just spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to wrap it like that--it seems to me that it requires a very very long scarf; it seems wrapped around her neck several time.)

but that is...classy. and modest.

plus, this all becomes even more appealing in this freezing cold weather!

1 comment:

Boniface said...

Mara-

My wife wears a scarfy thing like that sometimes, but usually she wears the lacy veils. I have never personally thought the purpose of the veil was to literally hide anything from view, so I have never been bothered by the fact that you can "see through" veils. I see it as more of symbolic than functional.