Monday, February 19, 2007

Ash Wednesday C

nothing too exciting:

Entrance: Again We Keep This Solemn Fast (Erhalt Uns Herr)

Psalm: Respond and Acclaim "Be merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned"

Distribution of the Ashes:
Hear Us Almighty Lord (Attende Domine)
Parce Domine (verse English)
Dust and Ashes (verse one if unavoidable-see post below)

Preparation of the gifts: There's a Wideness in God's Mercy (In Babilone.) [It's not a bad hymn at all, but does anyone else find it slightly annoying? maybe it's the AABA format, like we're too dumb to learn more than 2 lines of music...]

Communion:
Remember Your Love
Softly and Tenderly

Closing: Lord Who Throughout These Forty Days (St. Flavian)


(PS: I think that my favorite hymn tune is a tie between St. Elizabeth and the Passion Chorale.)

1 comment:

Brian Michael Page said...

Very good selection of hymns, Mara. I'm not crazy over Softly and Tenderly, but I have to admit "Remember your love" is the only Dameans song I actually like. You and I share the same closing, and your offertory is my entrance. I'm doing Parce during the giving of ashes and Attende at the offertory. :)

Peace,
BMP
Best thing was avoiding Conry's "Ashes".